Saturday 2 July 2011

Gran Kate - April 1914 to June 2011

Wanted to put a little post mostly to get this off my chest but my Gran sadly passed away last Thursday in the early hours of the morning.  She was such a crazy cool person and it was my Gran who gave me my freaky tastes as she was a horror buff and used to watch them with us when we were young.  She was always reading books esp horror ones.  She was well respected within the family and loved to tell it like it was no holds barred!

This was my Gran when she was a teenager.


Below was my Gran when she visited us in New Zealand in the 70's.


Below is how I will always remember my Gran.


She will be sadly missed by all of us and life has been a better place having her with us.

We love you Gran xxx

10 comments:

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh Andrea, you have my deepest sympathies. Your Gran sounds like a wonderful lady (she must have been, she influenced you!)

Netty said...

A beautiful memorial to your wonderful grandmother. You are obviously very much like her Andrea. Thinking of you sweetheart. Hugs Annette xx

coops said...

so sorry andrea.your gran sounds like she was an amazing lady.
thinking of you.

xx coops xx

Marlene said...

My heart goes out to you. It's so sad, losing someone close. Big hugs.

I Don't Do Straight said...

Sending you Hugs.

Fiona. x

Pop's Cards said...

Sorry for your loss, hugs pops x

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh hon, I know this was devastating for you. So sorry for your loss. Your Gran will live on the the hearts and memories of all those who knew and loved her. She sounds like an amazing woman. Big hugs! D

Creepy Glowbugg said...

"When someone we love becomes a memory, that memory become a treasure". Sounds like Gran was exactly that, a treasure. And remember, laughter is heard farther than weeping. Gran knows what I mean... and so do the faerie folk.

McCrafty's Cards said...

I am so sorry Andrea, My own Gran was a very big part of my life,so I understand how you feel, She will live on in your Heart and in your Art, She will always be watching over you.
Kevin xx

Angela said...

Andrea, Glo said it best. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Mine has been gone 3 years last Easter and I miss her so much. Sending you hugs.
Hugs:)
Angela