Monday 2 August 2010

HDH050 - Foul Flutterings - Batty

Another week at haunted house design with another great challenge, so love their stuff.  Sorry haven't had a chance to comment on any projects this week but it has been HECTIC.  My two youngest have hardly slept all week and during the day they are super moany.  Anyway I painteed this  with great difficulty hence why it is not the best work you will ever see.  I had my one year old stuck to my hip, my three year old whinging cos she is keeping us up at night and she is also tired and my five year old harrassing me to play computer games with him so it wasn't the easiest task I have ever undertaken and decided to leave as is. 



I painted the bg with twinkling h20's firstly with a turquoise then with a lovely plum colour, then painted with acrylics over the canvas.  I hate painting on canvas but I have no hardboard.   I started the girl (batty just like the haunted design team hehe)  but my hubby said her jaw was like a big mans and had to try and sort that.  It is supposed to be bat's wings over her face but didn't come off too good.   I don't think you can make it out but the black has lots of shimmery eyes from all of the bats.  It is so frustrating when you start something and can't do it properly. 

Will try and get some time to comment tonight.

Andrea x

10 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Okay, first of all, stop asking your husband what he thinks of your art! He sounds like a tough critic. Everything you create is amazing!
And the fact that you had kiddos hanging off of you the entire time, I'd say this is really
spectacular. Gorgeous work.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

p.s. The little bat at the top of the painting is adorable! He should be his own painting all by himself!

Claireabelle said...

Andrea it is fabulous!! I love it and am much envious of your talent
x

Netty said...

Wow Andrea I just enlarged your piece and could see everything wonderfully. This is totally fabulous, I love your art, yep love it, love it. Annette x

Anita Bownds said...

freaking Awesome i totally love it..lol same here i ask my hubby whats he thinks all the time its not always what i wanna hear..but i think your art is awesome well done...ps thanks for leaving a comment at my blog...hugz Anita

Pop's Cards said...

This is amazing, with kids hanging of you!!! mine are doing my head in at the minute too, must be the time of year :) i love this hugs Pops x

Mina said...

wow Andrea, those eyes are amazing, they have such expression
Mina xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

ANDREA! You're SUCH an artist! LOVE this! her jaw does NOt look like a man's and the bats are all FAB! xxD

Barb said...

WOW... another fantastic painting, Andrea! For "hating canvas" you sure do fabulous work on it :) I love all of these bats surrounding her... and her eyes and lips are amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Anonymous said...

Andrea.... that is totally awesome! I definitely see the bats over her eyes and I love the little peeping eyes! This is FANTASTIC!