Thursday 9 September 2010

HDH Challenge - Elegantly Evil

Well for this challenge I had planned a vampire from polymer but my youngest daughter had other ideas.  I have nearly had the head finished so many times and she has come up and bashed it out of my hands, thrown a cup at it etc.  So I knew I wouldn't be able to work on it over weekend as we are babysitting our niece and two nephews over at their house so time is limited, I gave up and did another quicker entry.

This is over at the Haunted Design House Challenge Blog.  I drew this elegant little lady with an elegant gown sporting webs at the top and a nice little tiara.  Now she is holding a severed head (well you did say evil)  Don't mess with her as she is so self obsessed and obviously evil, this poor guy has had the audacity to turn her down on a request, bad mistake!!  I painted the blood on the bottom of her dress with watercolour and coloured her with copics.  The background image is from The Graphics Fairy (fab) and the flower is from wild orchid crafts, the punch around the side is martha stewart crackle punch and I have added red stickles and a papermania brad with red pearls.


This was supposed to be my entry but had been battered about so much that I gave up for a while I have redone it about 6 times.  It was supposed to be queen of the damned my version.



If I ever get around to finishing her I will paint her after baking.  You can't see it in the pic but her top teeth ar vampire teeth, doesn't look so great but I did have her nearly perfect at one point before the first bashing she took.

Andrea C

6 comments:

Netty said...

Oh wow Andrea, how brilliant that head is....am in total awe of your talents my girl, totally awesome. Love your story about the card as well, lovely and gruesome........xx

Patricia Mae said...

Cute card oops I mean creapy and I just love the Queen of the Dammned head I cant wait to see it done.
~Patricia

Creepy Glowbugg said...

The very second I scrolled past your card, I let a small shreik of delight! That Queen of the Damned head is flippin' amazing! I knew instantly who it was! YOu are so very talented Andrea! Do you sell any of your art online or at faires?
I usually do my best work late at night with only the cats to cause havoc and destruction. I find a water bottle squirt works wonders for the cats, ever tried it on the kiddos?

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous card, Andrea! Love the serene look on her face while holding the decapitated head. HeeHee. That Queen of the Damned head is unbelievable, girly! You sure always put 1000% into your creations! FABULOUS! xxD

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

I love both pieces, and most especially the webby neck on her dress, that's inspired. And your comments on your head have made me smile, lol, despite being knocked about so much, she looks wonderful now, hope you get the chance to finish her soon :D
Thanks so much for joining in with our Macabre Monday Elegantly Evil challenge at HDH!

Allison said...

they are both fab, very Queen of the Damned and love that backgound
AllisonX