Friday 24 September 2010

Simply Betty Challenge #2 & The Burtonesque Dolls Challenge #19

This week the team at Simply Betty want us to create a new Halloween colour combo, diverging from the traditional Black, Orange, Purple and Greens. Make a project, card or layout creating a new colour combo using anything but these colors.  Over at the Burtonesque Dolls it is to create a trick or treat burton style.  I feel as if I'm being watched.... BOO.

This is my attempt using Gigi, lots of red grey and a funny shade of brown glitter card.  I added some polka dot red ribbon and put some behind one of my polymer badges and the backing paper I made on the comp and printed out (actually should be black with eyes but my printer ran out of ink and printed grey streaks with eyes but I kinda liked it.  I added white stickles to the blacker parts to make them grey/sparkle:



Anyway here it is, as usual nothing spectacular but anywho got kids to collect, dinners to make and as an added bonus I am potty training my youngest and she is determine to mark her territory hehe (so glam being a mum).

Andrea C x

10 comments:

Patricia Mae said...

That is so cute I love the bottle cap. Those eyes all over your card are so cool. Thanks for joining us at Simply Betty Challenges, Good Luck.
~Patricia
Simply Betty Challenges DT

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Just GORGEOUS Angela!!! I LOVE IT!!! The colors totally rock!!!

Thanks for joining us at SBC!!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Ms. Jen said...

Fabulous card! I love the boo bottle cap. Great color combo too.

~Lady B~ said...

Andrea! You have totally rocked this challenge! I love how you colored Gigi and the shimmery embossed paper behind her is too cool! Add the boo bottle cap and the eyeball embellies and you have one heck of an awesome card! LOVE!

Thanks for playing with SBC!
~lady b~

Netty said...

Such a terrific design and so beautifully quirky. Love it Andrea. Enjoy the weekend, x

Eulanda said...

BOL! You're such a good mom! hee hee I really REALLY like this card!!! I am so super impressed you put both of these challenges together and wow did it work!! Those eyeballs are priceless!!! Thanks for joining us at SBC this week and hope to see you again!!

stephanne said...

I think this is fabulous!!! The image is fabulous, as is your colouring and your paper turned out fabulously, it looks like it is meant to look that way, very vintage!! Good luck with potty training your little lady!!
hugs, stephanne

Graphicat said...

Ahahahaaa!! I love it! I LOVE those eyes staring at me! and that uber shiny paper you've embossed! SA-WEET!! So glad you could join us at Simply Betty this week!!
Cheers
Cheri

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh very cute. Love the eyes = such a great touch. wonderfully colored image. Thanks for joining us at Simply Betty Challenges.
mwah
Trace

Buttercup said...

What do you mean, "nothing spectacular"??? I just love this card! Now I want Gigi!!! I love all the silver and grays!!! Well done :) ~Buttercup XO