Saturday 16 January 2010

Johnny Cash Sketch Framed

Second ever post on my blog ooooh hehe. Anyway my FIL loves Jhnny Cash so my hubby said that his dad would probably love this sketch I did in a frame. I had an old canvas with a painting that wasn't really up to much, so I ripped the canvas off and used the frame. Below is the completed frame, haha this is finished I hear you say. Yes it is finished!


Below is the blank frame I used:


To this frame I spritzed it with glimmer mist the slate one. I then painted the sides with brown acrylic paint and dabbed it when dry with a silver ink pad.


I aged some paper with tea and rolled it up like a little scroll, to which we will put a birthday message for my FIL, this is inside a spacer bead I had.

Johnny Cash seemingly believed he was part native american and when researching his history found out he had Scottish ancestors. So I added a little indian and scottish touch.

I put some aged paper and put two holes through it and threaded some papery type thread and attached two cowboy boots to it. Wowee hehe.


I won't bore you with any more pictures. Well that is my first craft entry on my blog, not really all that but hey I did it while looking after three very young children so give me a break haha, when I'm still using excuses in a few years time then we know it is the workperson and not her tools hehe.

If anybody actually did look and was bored enough to read this, then thank you for giving me some of your precious time. x






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I am fiona b from do crafts, great and interesting frame/picture you have made.
I am now a follower and I hope to see more of your work.

hugs fiona

Janette said...

Fabulous sketch and love what you did with the frame,will become a follower,good luck with your blog.x

Jane said...

The frame and the picture are stunning Andrea!! Your FIL will love it. Welcome to the land that is blog!! hugs, Jane xx