Saturday 29 May 2010

The Burtonesque Dolls Challenge #4

4The whole reason I started this blog was so that I could enter some challenges and so far I have entered zero challenges.  For some strange reason I thought I would have some free time with my three year old being at nursery a few hours a couple of days a week but my one year old has taken over on the needing your every last ounce of attention or the tantrums start tehe aren't they so funny!  Anyway I love the burtonesque blog and was determined to enter at least one of the challenges so I MADE the time, holding a baby in one arm and my mod podge in the other hehe. 



Not the best picture you will ever see but I have lost my wire for my proper camera and had to use the webcam.  This is an old box of chocolates that I painted with blue/silver paint then stippled some green and blue (in the spirit of the corpse bride).  I then cut out a circle from glitter paper for the moon and added some cosmic shimmer to rub around it.  I also coloured the flowers with the same blue cosmic shimmer.  The sentiment says "You may kiss the bride"  the idea is to put maybe a sexy nightie with some lip gloss for the bride (from the groom). 

 The image I drew and coloured with copics and promarkers but the paper I used wasn't the good stuff (I can't find the proper card in amongst my craft stuff at mo).  The ink bled a little but hopefully not too much to have ruined it.  The sentiment I printed out then used distress inks to age it and blur the writing then scraped some scissors around the edges, the card backing (was from a cardstack), I did the same for this.  You can't see it but at the bottom of the bouquet there is a snake charm.




Anywho a bit long winded for what it actually is, hope it is in spirit of the corpse bride.

Andrea x

8 comments:

Jane said...

I think you've captured the Corpse Bride theme perfectly!!! It's fabulous, love the moon and your amazing drawing!! Love the idea of giving it to a bride too! hugs, Jane xxx

Eulanda said...

Wow!! Thank you for making the time to join TBD challenge this week AND for making us your first on your blog! I love your project and your drawing is simply amazing!!! Your sentiment looks really creepy with the ink running. Perfect!! LOL!!
Hugs!
Eulanda

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely smashing! I love the art you created for this. Thanks for joining us at TBD and wow - we're your first :)

Nicole Wright Designs said...

This is WOW, really stunning! You're super Mom to make this and have baby on the hip! Been there 3 times myself. I'm so happy you squeked in time to play with us at TBD! We love seeing when you created. Hopefully we'll see you again!

Nancy said...

lol...this is just darling...I totally love the colors and that image is awesom!!!! Thanks for joining us at TBD!!!!

Mina said...

oh wow Andrea I love this...fantastic image and your colouring is perfect for her
Mina xxx

Netty said...

Terrific, love it. Annette x

LINDA said...

OH I love this!! It is just awesome.. Fantastic job..
Hugs, Linda