Saturday 20 November 2010

Oh Alice Chapter 40 - Hooka are You?

Well over the past couple of months I have seen some of the amazing creations that Creepy Glowbugg has been making for the oh alice challenge blog and was totaly wowed.  I have been meaning to enter for a while but have been so busy lately that crafting is a big rarity.  So when I saw this weeks challenge could be to incorporate butterflies I knew I would be able to enter as it is my daughter's 4th birthday in January and she wants a little tea party so I have been thinking of things to make her and she loves pink and butterflies and princesses and fairies etc etc (very girly, unlike Mummy dearest).


I cut the butterflies some out of glittery pink card and some out of old cereal boxes and painted pink and added some stickles.  I used some funny type knittingy wool stuff (hmm even sounds strange to me) to wrap around the top main part and added some pink feathers.  I made the roses out of cardstock and added them to the end of each side.  For the main butterfly I made a bead body and added a head bead with antennae.



Anyway my daughter caught sight of it and was so delighted so the main person pleased.


Andrea C x

9 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is fab sweetie i bet she loves and all her friends will to husg Pops x

Mina said...

brilliant Andrea what a fantastic idea
Mina xxx

coops said...

aw this is gorgeous andrea.perfect for your daughter :D

xx coops xx

Amy said...

You're so clever coming up with this, it'll be perfect for the tea party and is so girly girl pretty! Easy to see why your dd loves it! :)

Netty said...

Oooh so pretty in pink and little girls adore pink. You will definitely be the best Mummy in the whole wide world. Annette xx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh I can see her feeding unicorns and dancing with fairies underneath this; truly magical :D

Angela said...

Oh Andrea this is so adorable. My 6 year old would love this, but I can't let her see it at least not anytime soon as she'll want me to make her one and right now I don't ahve any extra time. My DD loves it when I make her stuff. So does my 9 almost 10yr old Son.
Thanks for all your sweet comments. I am trying to get caught up with these crazy last feww months I feel as if my head is barely above water and some days it's under the water and I'm drowning.
Hugs:)
Angela

Lynne Phelps said...

I know what you mean by "unlike her mom" but gosh what a little girl pleaser!!! So charming and girly, she must be thrilled! Thanks for playing along with Oh, Alice!

CuddlyBunny said...

Your daughter and I must be roughly the same age ... I also think this creation is delightful!