Sunday 24 March 2013

DT Throwdown Challenge No 2

It is time for the second challenge for the DT throwdown at 


The theme for this challenge is to create a Faux Finish.

My project is called The Secrets of Dorian.  It started out as a little box which held a pair of earrings in it.  I covered it with Mod Podge to make the ink adhere.
 
Before I decided on the Dorian Gray theme I was going to use a Stampotique image so had used the image stamped on tissue paper.
 
 
Coloured it a little.
 
 

I used Crackle Accents on the main image:
 

 
At this point I changed my mind and thought it really isn't fancy enough so I went with the Dorian Gray theme.
 
I used a Steampunk Image from the Simply Betty Store.  I coloured him and then covered in Diamond Glaze except for his face and hands which I used Crackle Accents to have a withered look (looks better in real life!).  I also used some Papermania Photo Anchors and added orange gems.  The image was placed inside a charm from Crafty Individuals (3 different sizes for £1.35).   This stamp company is brilliant, not only do they deliver super speedy their stuff is quality and every time I have ordered I have always had a freebie selection of small rubber stamps.  (Not to mention I won £150 worth of goodies from them before Xmas).
 
 
I had a Tim Holtz key which says dreams on it so I thought this was very fitting as any normal life dreams Dorian would have had have been forever taken, hence the rip charm added.  The fly is to add to the rotting theme.
 
 


 
The other two participants for our team are Creepy Glowbugg and Menace of the Monstrous Mark aka Spesch Ink 
 
I would also like to enter this into the Simply Steampunk Challenges which is distressed.
 
 
 

The Haunted Design House team effort can be seen at the main blog and the others projects will defo blow your mind!
To see any entries from other teams participating
and cast your vote on Thursday or Friday, here is the link
to participate and vote, but it's free and very worth signing up.
 
Anyway this was lots of fun but if you get a chance I would sign up for the Smeared Ink Forum they are a lovely group of talented people and it would also be great to have some more votes EG mwahahaha.
 
Andrea C x
 

 

13 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Andrea, this is beyond fabulous! Love everything about it and especailly that it has a story. You could also enter it in the Simply Steampunk Challenge this month which Distressed since you used and SBS Steampunk image. I sure hope you're proud of yourself! AMAZING work! xxD

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Andrea, this is outstanding!! I love everything about it!!!
Kevin xx

I Don't Do Straight said...

Good call Andrea, Love the Dorian Grey theme (on of my fav books), and the SBS image is FAB! :)

mark gould said...

I love this little box, great texture and rust effect, the Dorian Grey image works perfectly, although I am a fan of that stampotique image as well ;).
Good to have you on our team ;) x

blackdragon said...

Stunning Andrea..... totally stunning.
Love always BDx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Outstanding!!! I was shocked to see the 3 in a Round image, thinking I used the wrong photos. I thought they looked great, but Dorian really fancies it all up. Beautiful!

Netty said...

wow it is fabulous Andrea, Annette x

coops said...

wow this is fantastic andria.i love the texture and stunning details ;D

xx coops xx

JenniferD said...

Amazing Technics carried off extremely well! Thanks for joining us at SSC

ike said...

Absolutely fantastic. I love the image and such clever thinking behind this Andrea. Wonderful :-)
Hugz
IKE xx

Donna said...

WOW...great project for the throwdown challenge, I love all the layers, textures...fab job!!

Chris Dring said...

This is stunning Andrea! Your techniques and your thought process about Dorian are wonderful!

~Lady B~ said...

Gorgeous, eye-catching project, Andrea! I love your rust technique and your embellishments are perfect! The framed portrait is well suited to your Dorian Gray theme. Fabulous all around!