Thursday 22 July 2010

The Burtonesque Dolls Challenge #12 Nightmare before Christmas

Over at the burtonesque dolls blog the challenge is nightmare before christmas so...

TRICK OR MERRY-MENT (it's all the rage!)



Well didn't have any time to do this at all so it's not that hot but then again neither was the last thing I did.  I actually cringe when I see that zombie and after I have posted this I will cringe too haha.  My one year old was on one knee trying to bite, headbutt and nip her way to stop me drawing santa dressed as Jack (I had drawn legs as well but they were so bad...)  haha so eventually I made a botch job and played with the three of my little uns in the garden. 

I thought for this it would be good to put santa in Jack's suit but still keep santa's hat on as after I managed to half draw him and realised I wasn't getting a chance to fix him I thought he looks like a psychotic biker or something, so drew the hat on him ha.  This is a smirk christmas embellishment box I used and coloured it red like santa's hat.  The middle part were Santa's big fat tummy is where you can see what's inside.   I then wrote trick or merry-ment in the style of nightmare before christmas and crimbo.  Stuck a crimbo and halloween embellishment in it and decided to make it a noise shaker for the kids (evil plan is to tell them every time they are naughty at crimbo I will shake it and santa will take note hehehe maybe not)  anyway inside the shaker I put a polymer clay santa head and penguin with santa hat I made ages ago and thought not very good but still kept it hanging for no good reason, then I put lots of jingle bells of all different colours so that it will be nice and noisy and I will hate myself for it when the kids start rattling it every two minutes haha.

Anyway enough of my rants, can't believe I waffled so much, can you tell I am super duper tired, my 3 year old had me up about 10 times last night.

Andrea x

9 comments:

Amy said...

This is awesome Andrea! Definitely a Burtonesque Santa, such a clever take on the challenge!

Netty said...

This is brilliant Andrea, I love all your work. Such a terrific artist. Annette x

Eulanda said...

Wow Andrea this is cool!! I love the Santa/Jack thing you have going and all the extra's are just plain cool. You did a great job despite running short on time and knee biters. LOL!! Thanks for joining us dolls at TBD challenge this week!! Hugs!

CraftyC said...

This is fantastic Andrea, so much detail!
Clairex

Barb said...

So very clever & cool :) LOVE your mad drawing skills, and the see-thru tummy is so fun!

cdm317 said...

It's wonderful! If this is what you produce with the little ones tugging at you, how amazing is your work when you can just relax?

Gina said...

This looks fabulous Andrea, brilliant idea to decorate the box :D XXX

Nancy said...

It's perfect the way it is....awesome idea and like Gina said, brilliant!!!! thanks for playing along this week at TBD!!!!

Hugs
Nancy T.

Mina said...

wow I love it...what a work of art Andrea...brilliant brilliant brilliant
Mina xxx