Wednesday 30 October 2013

HDH #179 Macabre Monday Samhain Sunset

Things are so darn busy here that I am late posting my HDH so here we go and apologies.

Welcome to week #1 of Macabre Monday challenge,

"Samhain Sunset."

You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Hallowe'en

based art piece that represents a 
Samhain Sunset.

We're looking for the colors of a beautiful fall sunset.

Use them as you wish, just keep it within our guidelines.
 
I have started a piñata using the wonderful image I received. 
 
Our sponsor is Aurora Wings
 
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuroraWings
 
She has offered up a very generous prize of $15 worth of store credit
to each of our GTs this challenge.
Mitzi has beautiful artwork available in her store. She has digis,
ACEOs, original artwork, and more in her shop. Stop by and check it out.
 
The rest of the minions are cooking up a storm so don't forget to check their work out at Haunted Design House and their personal blogs.
 
I have still to finish the piñata but this is the basic:
 
First I coloured the image:
 
 
Then I scanned it and printed it on tissue paper to add to the piñata which I made by using a balloon and covering in tissue paper.
 
 
I am working on the top at the moment and will add some decoration to the base of it too.
 
Anyway get your butts on over to Haunted Design House and enter our challenge it is the last one of the year.
 
 

5 comments:

Teri said...

What an awesome idea! xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow this is absolutely fabulous Andrea!!
Kevin xx

DonnaMundinger said...

FAb idea and your coloring ROCKS! Be sure to post it when you're finished. xxD

coops said...

so stunning andria.i really love the image :D


xx coops xx

Matney said...

Love the coloring you did. So beautiful. Flowers and hair,wowo! I hope that pinata never gets broken. Cool idea and love this project.